Chandler Collins, D.C.
Dr. Collins operates a private chiropractic practice in Austin, Texas as a part of Austin Holistic Health. For the past 5 years, he has treated athletes in all sports as an official chiropractor for the University of Texas Athletic Department. His unique care varies from routine maintenance of average patients to preparing competitors for national championships.
Dr. Collins’ interest in human anatomy, physiology and biomechanics was sparked as a high school and collegiate cross country runner, where he immersed himself in the science of training. He went on to spend years coaching and training elite athletes. During these years, Dr. Collins developed a passion for understanding and improving the complete health of the individual. He brought this holistic tact to his study and practice of chiropractic and his pursuit of the best therapies to aid the well being of his patients.
Dr. Collins’ knowledge of advanced forms of muscle and tissue evaluation allow him to address all manner of problems occurring in the knees, shoulders, hips and other joints. His integrated care often includes personalized nutritional and dietary recommendations given along with other treatments. This truly holistic treatment style has earned him the trust of patients from all walks of life.
Dr. Collins is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Texas Chiropractic College.
Dr. Collins’ athletic, coaching, and sport science repertoire includes:
- Official chiropractor of the University of Texas Athletic Department for the past 5 years, treating athletes from track and field, football, basketball, volleyball, golf, rowing, swimming, cross country, soccer, softball, baseball and tennis.
- Over six years of personalized coaching for triathletes, cyclists, runners and swimmers, including 4 years as a certified coach for USA Triathlon.
- A coaching internship with Carmichael Training Systems – trainers for Lance Armstrong, George Hincapie, and the United States Postal Service and Discovery cycling teams in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Staff coach with Total Immersion Swimming, working at coaching camps alongside TI founder Terry Laughlin.
- Attendance at the International Triathlon Coaching Symposium in Edmonton, Canada in 2001, and the High Altitude Training Techniques Symposium at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado in 2002.
- Laboratory work as a part of graduate study at the Exercise Physiology and Metabolism Laboratory of Dr. John Ivy, Ph. D at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Ten years of competitive rowing, including training and subsequent competition in the 2000 US Rowing Masters Nationals, where he won the silver medal in the men’s 8+.
- Three years as a certified coach of the Unites States Rowing Association.
Today, Dr. Collins regularly sees patients with a wide variety of concerns, encompassing a truly holistic triad of mechanical, chemical and psychological stresses that each of us encounters every day. He lives in Austin, Texas.
Find more information at Dr. Collins’s website, at www.CollinsDC.com.